Monday, April 25, 2011

Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka

Whipped cream Vodka??? Ok that is like mashed potatoes with carmel...something seems off.
However there are amalgamations that do seem to work like chocolate and bacon, yes I won a $100 for this type of recipe or peanut butter and pepperoni. Or the most recent submission--- pepperoni, goat cheese and raspberry jam....your tastebuds never realized what hit them. Anywho...
How on Earth could they do this. Why I question Vodka makers after our neighbor in SC, the machine maker made 40 million on vodka I have been drinking since I was oh before the legal age, is beyond me. Maybe you know his work, he made Sweet Tea Vodka and the world have a few more alcoholics.
So I get some wine and the guy upsells me and I think hey interesting. Have not tried anything new in ETOH in a longgggg time. So I ask him. "really, like whipped cream?" and he then spouts that he just started working there, but heard it was good...So much for the frugal shrewed MOM that I think I am.
Off I go to check the web site. The new CEO is a woman and apparently pretty savy and man do they have a lot of flavors. Well it does taste like whipped cream but really what do you do with really sweet vodka, which is not exactly a liquor however if it was thicker it could be considered as such. The other reviews said one sip is good enough, unfortunately, you bought the bottle.
So now what? Will I take this into the bomb shelter withe the twinkies? There are about 100 recipies on their web site however some are repeats and most don't sound good.
Next time I am in the mood for sweetness in my Vodka I will go for Snickers Martini at the Steak place in Orlando where I kept crunching on the side of the glass I had to ask for another as I bit right thru it.

No comments: